Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me...


I spent my 34th birthday relaxing in Del Mar with my good friend and fellow vegan, Lauren, visiting her parents. Celebrating your birthday with the Morellis is good times people, good times...
Mrs. Morelli took us to Whole Foods and let us go crazy while she secretly picked up sinful vegan chocolate cake for me. The following was my dream menu:





Baked tofu marinated in Annie's Spicy Ginger marinade



Lauren made this healthy green salad with mixed veggies and chickpeas





Israeli cous cous, currents, artichoke hearts, and fresh basil in a lemon vinaigrette dressing


Sauteed kale



and this is how it all came together.

Dessert was pretty amazing. Because Lauren and I were not aware that her mom bought the vegan chocolate cake at Whole Foods, we made dark chocolate vegan mousse. However, the desserts were so delicious, they disappeared before I could take pictures. So I leave you with a picture of me and Lauren on the beach in Del Mar.


1 comment: